Since 1992, the Tanenbaum Center has actively worked to reduce religious ignorance and prevent hatred and violence perpetrated in the name of religion by supporting religious peacemakers who struggle in areas of armed conflict and by overcoming religious intolerance in workplaces, health care settings and schools. Through professional development, print resources, forums, and focused resources they address interfaith understanding in various settings including:
- Religious Diversity in the Workplace to align religious understanding with ‘the bottom line;’
- Religion and Diversity Education to better prepare global citizens;
- Peace and Conflict Resolution to further the use of religion as a resource for resolving global conflicts;
- Religion Diversity in Health Care to develop religio-cultural competencies in health care providers, and,
- The Legacy of Rabbi Marc H. Tanenbaum, exploring the Religious Roots of Prejudice.
Additional information and many useful resources for educators can be found at www.tanebaum.org