The Rose Duhon-Sells Scholarship Program - 2017
Call for NAME 2017
The Rose Duhon-Sells Conference Fee Scholarships
have been awarded for 2017.
Congratulations to the 2017 scholarship recipients!
We look forward to seeing you at the NAME Conference in November.
Scholarships to cover the NAME Conference fee are awarded to full-time students and to those who have graduated within the past four years. Graduates must have a financial need based on factors such as working part-time or being unemployed. These Awards will cover all or part of the conference registration fee. The scholarship does not cover any other conference expenses. As a small non-profit coordinating a large conference, NAME asks that applicants first exhaust all institutional and other funding options before applying for this scholarship.
For future reference--
Awards are approved on the basis of how the applicant satisfies the seven criteria listed below.
To apply for a scholarship you must to submit a proposal document that addresses ALL the following points:
(1) Indicate if you are a member of NAME (priority given to NAME members)
(2) Identify the academic institution where you are a full-time student, the school district or other employer that employs you or if you are currently unemployed
(3) Describe your financial need, identifying funding already granted and identify potential sources of funding that you have applied for (e.g. employer, grants, social or civic organizations, etc.)
(4) Indicate if you have been a past recipient of a NAME scholarship (if yes, designate the year or years when you received this scholarship)
(5) What motivates you to come to the NAME conference (1 paragraph)
(6) Based on the description of this year's conference, discuss:
a. what you believe you will gain from attending it, and
b. how you would hope to use the information from the conference in the future (1 paragraph)
(7) Because NAME is a volunteer-driven organization, indicate whether or not you are willing to volunteer 8-14 hours at the conference.
Your scholarship application must be submitted via the link, below. It is recommended that you write your application document before clicking on the link, below. In your application, please number your responses 1-7, so as to be sure that all points above, are addressed. As you move through the online application process you will be asked to enter your application document text into the system. It is recommended that you simply copy and paste the text of your document into the system for submission where indicated
1) This is not a cash award.
2) You are not eligible for this scholarship if you register for conference before notification of scholarship proposal results.
3) Refunds CANNOT be given.
4) You must exhaust all other funding options before applying for this scholarship.
ATTENTION NAME MEMBERS:
Please consider donating to the scholarship fund to support the efforts of those interested in coming to the NAME conference by checking the designated scholarship box on the registration form. Donation received after the current recipent's conference fees are covered, will be held to help more students, next year.