NAME Board of Directors Call for Nominations
NAME is pleased to announce that the call for nominations for the Board of Directors.
NAME Board of Directors nominations are now being accepted.
Nominations will be accepted until
Friday, May 31, 2019
at 11:59pm Eastern Time,
Submitting a nomination and being a nominee are benefits of NAME membership.
NAME is accepting nominations for the following executive committee and board positions.
Regional Directors for NAME regions 2, 4, 6, and 8.
Please see position descriptions, eligibility and service requirements, below.
Board Position Descriptions:
The Treasurer shall be responsible for and supervise the methods and procedures used in the receipt, collection, recording and safekeeping of all funds, and the procedures for disbursements in the books of the Association. The Treasurer shall report on the financial condition of the Association at all membership meetings, meetings of the Board of Directors and at other such times when called upon by the President. The Treasurer shall make the financial books and records of the Association available for examination and audit by independent accountants. The NAME Treasurer term is 3 years
The Regional Directors shall represent their region at meetings of the Association Board of Directors. They must reside in the region they represent. They will assist Chapter Presidents in organizing and carrying out his/her responsibilities; coordinate submission of reports of the respective regional affiliates to the Board of Director; conduct an annual regional meeting; and perform such other duties as may be assigned by the Associations Board of Directors.?The term is 3 years, and 2 consecutive term limits (by election).
- A member in good standing of the Association evidenced by active membership at least two (2) years over the last three (3) years and attendance at least two (2) conferences over the last five (5) years.
- Service to the Association via, but not limited to, serving on committees, participating in a local NAME chapter, reviewing conference proposals, and/or volunteering in a contributing and meaningful manner at the annual conference. Using the list below, please show evidence (in a paragraph) of at least 2 of the following that adds up to a minimum of 10 points:
- Starting and sustaining a local NAME chapter (up to 5 points)
- Prior board or committee service with national NAME or state/regional/local Chapters (up to 5 points)
- Coordinating a local NAME conference or major event (up to 5 points)
- Chairing a committee for local NAME conference (up to 2 points)
- Reviewing NAME conference proposals for at least 2 years (1 point)
- Film reviewer for NAME conference (1point)
- Volunteering at the NAME conference (2 points per year served up to 3 years). If you volunteered at the national conference or a local conference please include the area in which you volunteered (eg. registration). Also provide at least one of the following: 1) a reference name and email of a NAME member who can verify your service OR 2) a letter from a NAME member verifying and supporting your service.
- Reviewing articles for NAME’s journal, Multicultural Perspectives (1 point)
- A recognized NAME scholar (5 points)
- Other (please specify)
- Each nominee or self-nominee may only run for one board position.
- If you are nominating another person for a board position, please first confirm that person's willingness to serve with NAME and which position that person would like to run for before submitting your nomination.
Service Requirements for all NAME Board Members
- Strive to attend to all NAME Board meetings and activities.
- must attend at least two meetings of the Board of Directors annually at the member’s or member institution’s expense.
- Register for and attend the annual conference for every year during the service term on the NAME Board.
- function as a host at the annual conference, volunteering whenever needed
- Contribute to the enhancement of the goals and mission of NAME.
- Actively contribute to growing and supporting the NAME membership.
- Subscribe to a NAME Life Membership by paying annually for five years or the total amount may be paid in one sum OR contribute to the growth of the organization in other ways and contribute resources to enhance the goals and mission of NAME.
- Regional Directors must reside in the region in which they are nominated.
- The nominator must reside in the region for which the nominee is being nominated.
- Be very responsive and in regular communication with the Board, Executive Director and members during the service term on the NAME Board.
Please submit, via the nominations portal, the following required information:
- Name, contact information, and position for nomination
- **An abridged biography and a description of your leadership goals in terms of advancing the mission of NAME and why you want to serve on the NAME Executive Committee / Board of Directors (350 word limit)
- **A description of your active service and engagement to NAME in the last five (5) years (see list of possible activities under eligibility requirements, above). (250 word limit)
- Two active NAME references (of at least 2 years) who can verify your service to NAME
- **Upload a good-quality photo (headshot) that will accompany the nomination
- A letter of recommendation from an active NAME member (of at least 2 years) supporting your nomination for the Board.
**These will be used for posting of slate of candidates for the election cycle.
Link to submit nomination
2019 Call for Nominations to NAME Board of Directors submission portal: https://www.viethconsulting.com/members/proposals/propselect.php?orgcode=NAME&prid=753653
Reminder: Submitting a nomination and being a nominee are benefits of NAME membership
NOTE: Elections will take place in late June