NAME Board of Directors Call for Nominations
NAME is pleased to announce that the call for nominations for the Board of Directors.
NAME is accepting nominations for the following four (4) board positions.
The Secretary shall keep the minutes and records of the meetings of the Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Annual and Special meetings of the Association; update regularly the Associations policy and procedures manual; and generally perform all duties customary to the office of Secretary. This is a 3-year term.
Regional Directors shall reside within the region they are representing; shall be elected to serve a term of three (3) years, and may not serve more than two (2) consecutive terms.
Regional Director positions open for nomination:
Each regional director shall:
A. Conduct outreach throughout the region and support efforts to create new chapters;
B. Assist chapters in organizing and carrying out their responsibilities;
C. Report on regional activities at meetings of the Board of Directors;
D. Contribute articles on regional activities for the Association's newsletter;
E. Establish a regional advisory committee that includes representatives from chapters in the region;
F. Submit an annual report on the region’s financial and program activities to the national office;
G. Collect and review annually the financial and program reports from the chapters in the regions;
H. Convene a regional meeting during the Association’s annual conference;
I. Conduct any and all activities appropriate to advance the principles and objectives of the Association consistent with these bylaws.
NAME is accepting nominations May 20-June 20, 2017.
Here is the link to submit a nomination: https://www.viethconsulting.com/members/proposals/propselect.php?orgcode=NAME&prid=619233
- A member in good standing of the Association evidenced by active membership at least two (2) years over the last three (3) years and attendance at least two (2) conferences over the last five (5) years.
- Service to the Association via, but not limited to, serving on committees, participating in a local NAME chapter, reviewing conference proposals, and/or volunteering in a contributing and meaningful manner at the annual conference. Using the list below, please show evidence (in a paragraph) of at least 2 of the following that adds up to a minimum of 10 points:
- Starting and sustaining a local NAME chapter (up to 5 points)
- Prior board or committee service with national NAME or state/regional/local Chapters (up to 5 points)
- Coordinating a local NAME conference or major event (up to 5 points)
- Chairing a committee for local NAME conference (up to 2 points)
- Reviewing NAME conference proposals for at least 2 years (1 point)
- Film reviewer for NAME conference (1point)
- Volunteering at the NAME conference (2 points per year served up to 3 years). If you volunteered at the national conference or a local conference please include the area in which you volunteered (eg. registration). Also provide at least one of the following: 1) a reference name and email of a NAME member who can verify your service OR 2) a letter from a NAME member verifying and supporting your service.
- Reviewing articles for NAME’s journal, Multicultural Perspectives (1 point)
- A recognized NAME scholar (5 points)
- Other (please specify)
- Each nominee or self-nominee may only run for one board position.
- If you are nominating another person for a board position, please first confirm that person's willingness to serve with NAME and which position that person would like to run for before submitting your nomination.
Service Requirements for Board Members
- Strive to attend to all NAME Board activities but attend at least two meetings of the Board of Directors annually at the member’s or member institution’s expense.
- Register for and attend the annual conference for every year during the service term on the NAME Board.
- Contribute to the enhancement of the goals and mission of NAME.
- Actively contribute to growing and supporting the NAME membership.
- Must subscribe to a NAME Life Membership by paying annually for five years or the total amount may be paid in one sum OR contribute to the growth of the organization in other ways and contribute resources to enhance the goals and mission of NAME.
- Regional Directors must reside in the region in which they are nominated.
- Be responsive and in regular communication with the Board and members during the service term on the NAME Board.
Please submit the following required information:
- Name, contact information, and position for nomination
- **An abridged biography (100 word limit)
- A description of your active service and engagement to NAME in the last five (5) years (see list of possible activities under eligibility requirements, above).
- **Description of your leadership goals in terms of advancing the mission of NAME and why you want to serve on the Board of Directors (200 word limit)
- Two references who can verify your service to NAME
- Optional: upload a good-quality photo (headshot) that will accompany the nomination
- A letter of recommendation from a NAME member supporting your nomination for the Board.
**These will be used for posting of slate of candidates for the election cycle.
NOTE: Elections will take place July 15-July 31, 2017.