Frequently Asked Questions
We frequently hear teachers ask questions about multicultural education in the classroom. For each question below, we provide some things to think about and questions to prompt reflection.
1. What is equity?
2. How do I know if my biases affect my teaching?
3. Should I see all my students as the same?
4. How can youth learn to discuss diverse identities?
5. What about standards and tests?
6. Is multicultural education relevant in an all-White school?
7. I teach science. Can I be a multicultural educator?
8. Can I be a multicultural educator in math?
9. What potential of multiculturalism in art had I not considered?
10. Ethnic studies or multicultural education?